You’re engaged!! Let’s get excited!!!
So first things first… Call Mom and Dad.. No.. Wait.., let’s stare at the ring again. Place it in the perfect lighting.. Ahhhh! That’s it… Now… Let’s call Mom and Dad…
We know that you’re dying to share the news, and what you DON’T want to do is post to Facebook first. Calling your closest family and friends is the most memorable way to share your excitement!!! If you have an idea of who you’ll want as your bridesmaids, make sure you include them in the news sharing.
Got bridesmaids??? Good.. Now here are some a few more tips to get you started.
Number 1…… HIRE A PLANNER… A WEDDING PLANNER…
2. Start thinking of a venue. Richmond has some of the most beautiful and historic wedding venues to explore.
3. Choose your wedding date. After all of the “congratulations!”, the next question will be “When’s the wedding?”. So be ready with a date or a season that you’re leaning towards.
4. Talk money.. YES!! Let’s say it together. “Talk MONEY”. Include your fiancé.. and parents. We know it can be a hard topic to bring up, but, trust me, it needs to happen. In order to book your venue, you’re going to need to know a few things: how much you’re spending, and how many guests you’re inviting.
5. Let’s make that guest list. We always suggest to our couples that they break the guest list into tiers: the ones who must get an invite, the ones who you would like to give an invite, and the ones who will be invited IF there’s room. It will save lots of “wineful” evenings if you prioritize this way.
6. Book your venue. Now that we’ve talked money, you are better equipped to secure that perfect venue for your special day Make sure to book it ASAP!! Most venues book their Saturday’s at a minimum of 6 months in advance, but can book almost a year in advance if it’s a popular venue.
7. Breathe… Once you’ve secure a venue, cop a squat for a minute. Your wedding planner is ready to create an unforgettable experience for you! You want your wedding planning process to be the most enjoyable moments of your life. Enjoy this time.
Remember, this is about you and your fiancé. Of course, you’re going to receive bundles of advice and suggestions on how your wedding should be. These are only suggestions and no ones feelings will be hurt when you do what you want to do.
WE CELEBRATE IN YOUR EXCITEMENT!!